The first amazing stop on the High Road to Taos begins with the Historic Nambe Trading Post. A jackpot of a gathering of authentic Indian and cowboy material culture, everything Made by Hand – by local artists and craftsmen from the surrounding pueblos and communities. Western Movie Costumes by Emmy award winning costume designer Cathy Smith, Navajo weavings, pueblo pottery, micaceous cookware, baskets, Plains Indian Bead and Quillwork, Historic Paintings, Old pawn jewelry and the contemporary jewelry of Jennifer Jesse Smith, antique saddles, clothing, Pendeltons, buckskin, beads, and much, much, more. One of the last historic trading post of the Real West and THE NEW SPIRIT of OLD SANTA FE.
Visit our Historic Location in Nambe, NM -just 1.5 miles up the High Road to Taos (NM # 503) , 20 minutes North of Santa Fe.20 Summer Road (CR 113 So.)
Santa Fe , NM 87506
Take Hiwy 285 North from Santa Fe to the Nambe exit, CR #503, turn right on 503 and travel 1.5 miles to Summer Rd (the big adobe church) and turn rights. We are the 3rd driveway .505-455-2819 or for special appointments: 470-6650OPEN: 10-5pm Wednesday day thru Mondays. (Closed Tuesday.)
This Summer: You’re going to love our new displays of ever changing vintage inventory and a new line of Jennifer Jesse Smith Jewelry for the Soulful!!
Artist demonstrations on our portal every weekend.
In August : Our Indian Market Gala, Aug. 10-20
- A SHOW & SALE OF ANTIQUE NAVAJO TEXTILES, with seminars every morning 11 am by noted Navajo weaving specialist, Jeff Voracek of Red Mesa Gallery. [please rsvp for a spot in the morning seminar]
- BOOKSIGNIN by our very own Cathy Smith: “The Demise of Tonto or Hollywood Meets the Sioux.” A look behind the scenes of movie making by an Emmy winning Costumer.
- Oil Paintings by Emmy winning Frank Ordaz, Frank will be painting on site.
- Getting ready for August & Indian Market with a Navajo Textile Show and Sale and a Booksigning of my newly published Movie photo book : ” The Demise of Tonto or Hollywood Meets the Sioux”
- Little Sisters, Cheyenne
- Summer in Santa Fe – we are ready with new fine jewelry by Jennifer Jesse Smith!
- Christmas in Nambe